Due to the ongoing health concerns surrounding the coronavirus In Di Go is no longer operating until further notice. In Di Go feels this is in the best interest of all, in order to protect our vulnerable people and communities.
In Di Go families and staff were disappointed at the cancellation of our Easter Party. I put my thinking cap on and made a decision to deliver “Goodie Bags” and Easter Cards” to our families
Lockdown was in place however gifts had been purchased for the party. I hand- made Easter Cards using our craft materials. Whilst I recognise in normal circumstances, I would have had many volunteers to help I carried on regardless. It took a while!!!
My husband drove me round the various addresses and “Safe Social Distance” was maintained at all times during the deliveries.
“Smiles on faces made it all worthwhile”
I would ask that we listen to Government advice’s, Stay Safe and adhere to social distancing.
We can do this together!
Don’t forget PIP are still here, they are still sharing information, and they are there for queries. As SEND parents themselves, and volunteers, please be aware that they might not be able to answer any questions straight away, but we will endeavour to get back to you as soon as they can.
They have been meeting with the Local Authority, and have forwarded your questions on to them, which they have answered.
Please see the link below to see them on the BWD Local Offer
Any other questions can be sent directly to PIP.
New Help Hub offers support to vulnerable residents
Tel: 01254 58811
If you are in desperate need of food, are worried about paying for gas and electricity, or need support for your mental wellbeing while you’re isolated at home, get in touch with the BwD Help Hub!
Visit the website for all the information you need and those important contact details for help and support from the likes of: –
· Care Network
· Age UK
· Blackburn with Darwen Carers Service
· Child Action North West
· Lancashire Women
· Health and wellbeing advice
· Prescription medication
The Hub are also working with local community groups and charities who are keen to provide support to residents in need in their neighbourhoods.
Blackburn with Darwen Carers Service COVID-19 (Coronavirus) update
We have been monitoring all media coverage of COVID-19 and have made the following decisions and changes to meet Government guidelines, to keeping our local community of carers safe and well
Our aim is to continue to provide support, advice and information to carers and their families during these uncertain times.
Our priority is ensuring carers emotional and physical health is addressed so they can continue to care for their family member.
These are the steps we have put in place:
- The Carers Centre is closed following social distancing recommendations
- Trips, activities and face to face groups have been postponed however alternative support has been put in place:
- Peer support through digital platforms
- Volunteer-led befriending online and telephone support
- The Carers Service Admin team are picking up all enquires and concerns remotely on 01254 688440 firstname.lastname@example.org
- The office opening hours remain the same 9am – 9pm Monday – Friday. There is some but limited cover over the weekend.
- All staff are equipped with IT provision to be able to offer appropriate support
- Face to face assessments have been replaced with support by telephone and online with experienced Carers Advisers
- Benefit and Welfare information and advice is offered over the phone, with the opportunity of help with form filling
- Local Voluntary, Community and Faith Sector organisations are working together to ensure there is a ‘no wrong door’ creating access to a wide range of support.
- Counselling sessions for carers are accessed via the telephone or online using qualified counsellors
The Carers Service is operating a full service remotely
We will continue to share updates on our Facebook page.
It is essential that you follow the recommendations and keep safe and well,
Web Link http://www.bwdcarers.org.uk/
A number of organisations have cancelled their groups/meetings, including groups at the Carers Centre, Action for ASD & NAS. Please check if you planning on going to an event in the borough in case it is no longer running.
I appreciate this is a difficult time for everyone. Please do not hesitate to contact me, I will be available on my mobile phone for staff, volunteers, families and partners details below.
Very best wishes
Diane Marie Price, MBE
Founder/Director In Di Go
Tel: 01254 209708
E mail: email@example.com